Saturday, June 11, 2011

Coming home again and again

#Trust30 blogging challenge

Prompt 5: Travel
If we live truly, we shall see truly. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?
(Author: Chris Guillebeau)



Coming home again and again
I'm going to take this question sideways... the place I would most like to see in the world? The Amazon. The ‘lungs of the earth’ and all the biodiversity that goes with it would be an incredible to see. I can think of no better homage to nature than to see it in person.

However, in thinking about this question I realized that I was not desperate to see it before I die (as I once was when I was younger). I feel I grown to a point in my life where life is less about being driven to goals for the future, and more about living now.

I feel that if I died tomorrow that I could die happy knowing that I had lived a good life and done all the important things. So the place I would most like to travel to before I die is not actually a place, but more a state. A state centered in myself - where the knowledge pervades that what really matters in life is harnessing the power of our love for positive thought and action. I like to think of this as travelling home, to my real home, which has no geographical location.

The ‘achievements’ in life that I’m most proud of are the moments of kindness I have shown towards others, it seems to me that everything else is fairly irrelevant in the long run. I know I did these things when I was close to being at home with myself, in its fullest expression. I think this is living truly, and truly living!

I will try to keep travelling back to this state by reminding myself what is important and trying to drop anything that is not... with the hope of taking up permanent residency there some day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home